You have adopted a furry bundle of joy and brought them to your vintage style home with all happiness and anticipation. But how can you integrate your necessary pet supplies with the vintage style of your home?! Welcome to my list of vintage style pet food bowls and storage containers that will fit any vintage home décor.
The uninspired metal food and water bowls, plastic storage tote for treats and large, unsightly bags of pet food in the corner all seem necessary if you have a cat or dog. But it sticks out in your vintage style home décor like, well, like plastic and blech.
I honestly never thought of integrating vintage style into my pet’s care until we moved to our 1970’s mobile home. I could no longer hide the cat food bowl and bag of food. It was there. For everyone to see. For ME to see. And I did not like what I saw.
One morning at a flea market, I had an “ah-ha” moment of using vintage (or vintage style) containers for pet food bowls and pet food storage containers. I snagged a couple small crocks and marched triumphantly home to bring a little vintage style to my cats’ lives.
What Criteria Does this List of Vintage Pet Supplies Meet?
- Vintage Style – It’s hard to recommend something that is one of a kind and that will sell out of stock any moment. Besides, newer items are cheaper than vintage, so you don’t have to worry about breaking an expensive piece.
- Various Sizes – I tried to find different sizes vintage style pet bowls and storage containers. Whether you have cats, a small dog or a big ol’ Brutus of a dog, there will be options for you.
- Indoor and Outdoor Options – Not every suggestion is suited for outdoor use, and vice versa. I kept in mind that some pets will need outdoor bowls and storage while some need indoor. In this list, you will find different options for your needs.
- Not Necessarily an Airtight Seal – Not all the pet food storage containers I suggest have airtight seals or snap on lids. They are all suited for storing pet food in that they are lined with plastic or metal and have lids. Again, based on indoor or outdoor use and also your animal (whether they try to get into the container), you will need to choose a pet food container for your situation.
- Easy Cleaning – Water dishes, a treat jar, the best dog food storage containers, ANYTHING related to pets obviously needs to be cleaned. All of the items I chose for your pet’s food have easy-open lids and are easy to clean.
Cat or Small Dog Food Bowls
Whether you love the clean lines of Mid Century Modern, the weathered exterior of Rustic or the charming classic of Farmhouse style, here are lots of right size options for your cat or dog food bowls. No longer an eyesore, the end result of these pet food containers will add to the vintage style of your home and make you smile every time you feed your fluffy fur-ball.
Stoneware Crock Bowl
Mid Century Bowl with Stand
Boho Ceramic Food and Water Bowl
Rustic Bark Pet Bowl
Black and White Enamel Bowl
Farmhouse Ceramic Bowl
Mid Century Pair of Bowls with Stand
Terra Cotta Style Pet Bowl
Barnyard Rubber Bowl
Medium and Large Dog Bowls
Whether you keep your large dog indoors or out, these sturdy, large bowls will stand up to some big teeth. My favorite is the classic farm black rubber livestock food and water bowl. These are a great option and nearly indestructible and come in various sizes. I have fond memories of cats, cattle, dogs and cats all using these on my childhood farm.
Mid Century Large Bowl with Stand
Large Stoneware Crock
Enamel Bowl in Various Sizes for Small and Large Pets
Colorful Enamel Pan
Large Farm Rubber Bowl
Large Black and White Enamel Bowl
Pet Treat Containers
These usually sit on a kitchen or laundry countertop or even on your kitchen island and need to have ultra-vintage style to fit in with your décor. With these great vintage style pet treat containers, your guests will never know that they hide Fido’s food.
Mid Century Canister (set of 3)
Vintage Advertising Canister
Stoneware Crock with Cork Lid
Navajo Design Canister
Galvanized Metal Canister
Small Pet Food Storage Containers
These pet food storage container options are great for small dogs or cats. The best part is that food for your furry friend is easily accessible at dinner time since you don’t have to hide it away in the closet!
Basket with Plastic Insert
Retro Can with Step Lid
5 Gallon Crock (lid purchased separately, see below)
Wooden Crock Lid
Galvanized Bucket with Lid
Large Pet Food Storage Containers
Whether in the corner of your laundry room or in your garage, these large containers will hold a whole bunch of pet food. Choose a cabinet with tilt out storage for your laundry room to serve double duty as a laundry folding counter. Or get a large galvanized trash bin for outside to create an authentic farmyard vibe. These are the best dog food containers for storing a large amount of food.
Galvanized Barrels with Wooden Lids (set of 2)
Farmhouse Tilt Out Cabinet
Red Tilt Out Cabinet
Amish Wooden Bin
Bonus: Vintage Style Cat Littler Boxes
Yes, this is a pet supply best hidden out of sight, but sometimes, that just isn’t possible. It may be in a corner of your apartment (or mobile home in our case) or in your bathroom or laundry room. If that is the case, you can also add vintage style to this, ummm, less that beautiful pet item.
Cat Litter Planter
Mid Century Cat Litter Cabinet
Rustic Cat Litter Cabinet
Comment below and tell me what kind of animal your pet best friend is and what vintage style you enjoy best!
Pin this for later.